This article outlines the process of setting up Groups in D2L.
- Access the Groups tool by clicking "Communications" > "Groups” from the course navigation menu.
- On the “Manage Groups” page, click “New Category.”
- Enter a “Category Name” and optional description for the Groups.
- Choose an “Enrollment Type” from the drop-down menu and then specify the “number of groups” or “number of users.” The "Group Prefix" is optional.
Note: If you chose an auto-enrollment type, you can also determine if you want to “auto-enroll new users” or “Randomize users in groups” by checking the boxes.
- Under “Additional Options,” you can choose to set up discussion areas, lockers, or assignment folders for the groups. If you plan to setup work spaces from the specific tool area at a later time, you can leave these boxes unchecked and click "Save." Refer to the articles below for setting up work spaces.
Group Work Spaces
The following articles outline the process of setting up group work spaces after group setup.