You can set up instant notifications that will send D2L updates directly to your email inbox or an SMS text message to your mobile phone. Notifications can be set to alert you when a professor or admin posts a News item, feedback is received on an assignment, a quiz is evaluated, or a grade is updated.
By default, students will only be notified when they login to D2L. If you wish to receive additional notifications, follow the steps in this document.
Setting up D2L Notifications in your account
- To add mobile notifications (SMS text messages), click “Register your mobile.” If you do not wish to receive mobile notifications, continue to Step 4. Standard carrier text message rates may apply.
- Select your country, mobile carrier, and enter your mobile number. Then click “Save.”
- A new window will appear prompting for a confirmation code. This code will have been sent to the mobile number you provided in the previous step. When the message arrives on your phone, enter the code and then click “Confirm.” You will not receive mobile notifications until you complete this step.
- Determine if you wish to receive a “Summary of Activity” for each of your courses. If yes, set the time.
- Under the “Instant Notifications” heading, select the notifications that you wish to receive via Email and SMS by checking the respective boxes. You can disable specific notifications at any time by returning to this page.
- Set your desired preferences under the “Custom Notifications” heading.
- You can exclude specific courses from notifying you by clicking “Manage my course exclusions.” For more information on disabling or managing notifications, see the Disable D2L Notifications article.
Click “Save and Close.”